- Read 1 Cor. 2:6-3:4. How does being a spiritual person relate to how we behave? Should our spirituality be evident in how you live? How do you spot a spiritual person?
- How would you react to Paul’s sharp criticism that your church is unspiritual? Do you think that your church spiritual in the sense that Paul is talking about? Are you?
- Read 1 Cor. 3:5-17. What is the role and purpose of Christian leaders? Do we make too much of individual leaders instead of keeping our focus on God and Jesus?
- What do you make of Paul’s idea that Christians taken together form God’s Temple? As you reflect read Ephesians 2:19-21.
- Read 1 Cor. 3:18-23. What do you think Paul means when he says “become fools so that you may become wise”? What do you think Paul means here by wisdom and foolishness?
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Bible Study - 1 Corinthians Part 3 - Leadership and being 'Spiritual'
This week we continue through Paul's opening discussion of the conflicts in the Corinthian church. In 1 Corinthians 2:6-3:23 Paul continues his discussion of God's foolish wisdom, what it means to be spiritual, and the role of leaders in the Christian community.