Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unto us a son is given...

Next week's Bible study will be our last until the fall because, as the title suggests, my wife Elaine and I are expecting our first child very shortly. It could be anytime between now and May 30, but based on what our midwives are saying it will be sooner rather than later.

I'll be away from the congregation for a month following the birth of our son, and I won't get back until the middle of June at the earliest, which is when we normally wrap up our small groups for the summer. I might do the odd post over the summer, perhaps including some reflections on fatherhood, but after next week there won't be any new Bible study posts until September.

In the mean time if you're looking for some good Bible resources to accompany you as you study, try N. T. Wrights' ...For Everyone commentary series. Wright is a world class Bible scholar and retired Anglican bishop, and has written a thoughtful yet accessible commentary series for anyone who wants to go a little deeper. I've been meaning to pick up a couple of these for myself, so I'll be making use of them this summer at some point as well.

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment